ALWAYS A PLACE FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
BRC Is Seeking A New Director of Junior Tennis...
The Bakersfield Racquet Club is seeking a Director of Junior Tennis who will report to the Director of Tennis, assist with all aspects of our tennis offerings, and be responsible for leading our junior program. BRC’s 70+ year history includes hosting the 1965 Davis Cup, being the home club for Dennis Ralston and Hank Pfister, developing eight players who competed at Wimbledon, claiming over 150 national champions, and sponsoring a $25K Futures tournament for the past five years on the USTA Men’s Pro Circuit. We are proud of our history and excited about our future.
BRC’s California location provides tennis weather almost 365 days per year on its 10 lighted courts. Four lighted pickleball courts, two pools, a gym, and a clubhouse that is frequently rented for social events complement the tennis courts. The welcoming family atmosphere is built on a volunteer spirit that is an integral part of the club. Memberships number over 500 with active year-round tennis leagues and strong support of USTA competition. You can learn more about the club through this link
The successful candidate will be:
- Mature, professional, and of good character.
- Energetic, outgoing, and a self-starter.
- Friendly and able to relate to members across the spectrums of age, gender, and skill levels.
- Devoted to teaching with a track record of developing players and building programs. Willing and able to customize a teaching approach that works for the individual.
- Committed to the profession as evidenced by his /her (pursuit of) USPTA certification.
- Flexible – devoted to the junior program but willing to handle a variety of other duties on and off the court – a team player. Responsive to feedback and guidance from the Director of Tennis.
- Able to envision the future and possessing the planning, organizing, marketing, and communication skills to make that vision a reality.
- A skilled player and lover of the game. S/he will have recent high-level collegiate and tournament background.
- Willing to work hard including evenings and weekends, and is committed to the success of the students, him/herself, and the club.
- Capable of building a program that increases club membership, provides strong recreational activities, and develops competitive junior players.
The annual compensation target for this full-time position is $80,000, with an opportunity to earn more. The commission from established revenue streams provides approximately half of the compensation target. The remainder will come from private lessons (14 hours per week projected) and growing the existing junior program by 20%.
Candidates for this position are asked to submit a letter of interest and resume by December 1, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org Bakersfield Racquet Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Congratulations To BRC's USTA
55+ 6.0 Team...
The 2021 National Champions!
Coach Chuck Beatty
Father Son National Championships
Mike and Eli Noel played the Father Son National Claycourt Championships at Thakkar Tennis Center at the Country Club of Sebring, in Sebring, FLA...
Congrats to Mike and Eli who went all the way to the quarterfinals of the main draw and then won the feed in the consolation, coming in 5th place overall.
Wow! Well done, Mike and Eli. That’s impressive!